appointments: 078 76 524 525
Central London Marylebone
and in Guildford, Surrey
Psychotherapy Private Practice
Dr Chris Papakyriakopoulos
PhD Psych, MSc, BSc
Specialist Systemic Psychotherapist
Individuals, Couples and Families
Accredited and Registered Member of the
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Thank you for visiting my site. I am a Specialist Systemic and Family Psychotherapist with 20 years of experience in helping individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents achieve positive change, overcome major personal challenges and live happier lives
DO YOU SUFFER FROM:
- LOW MOOD
- ANGER OUTBURSTS
- RELATIONSHIP HOPELESSNESS
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN
- EMPLOYMENT ISSUES
- JOB DISSATISFACTION
- CHILD/ADOLESCENT BEHAVIOUR AND/OR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS
I CAN HELP YOU
I provide a high quality Systemic professional psychological service that is sensitive, tailored to your individual needs, client-focused and goal-oriented. Together we can help you achieve personal, familial and professional change that makes a difference in you life.
My style is warm, personable and interactive. We will work collaboratively to help and support you:
- gain insight and understanding into your own processes
- overcome obstacles and problems that can interfere with your personal wellbeing and professional effectiveness
- make positive life choices that can make you happier
- communicate skillfully and constructively
- find pragmatic and creative solutions
- achieve a wide range of goals
What brings you to Counselling or Therapy:
You may be going through a rough patch with your partner and you may feel reconnecting on the things that you loved in each other seems a hard work or even hopeless at times. You may be trying desperately to overcome communication breakdown but you may not seem to know how.
You may be trying to talk with and understand your teenage children but communication appears fragmented and constantly confusing and you end up in arguments.
You may be feeling stressed or overanxious or constantly angered or depressed at work or in your private life and this affects your mood, your quality of life and your sleep.
You may be considering separation or divorce and seeking help feels like your last resort. You may even have decided to separate and because you have children you would like advice on taking the best steps towards a smoother transition.
You may be facing intimacy and emotional issues, or you may be at a turning point in your personal, family or career life and the right decision seems unclear.
You may be stuck in an emotionally harmful relationship and you may need professional help to make sense of it all, to break free and move on with your life.
I can help you with all of the above and guide you to find step-by-step solutions to your challenges and to achieve your life goals, your personal satisfaction, a sense of meaning and to lead a happier life. My style is collaborative, warm, empathetic and attentive.
Our work will be tailor-made and pace-appropriate to your needs. We will be looking to find patterns of behaviour that have proven unhelpful or circular and we will explore alternative perspectives, views and behaviours by analysing the process and the content of doing communication.
With my long specialist experience in private practice and in the forefront of mental health service in the NHS I can help you boost your self-esteem and I can work with you on empowering you to make the positive changes you want to strengthen your sense of happiness and wellbeing.
Below are some selected comments couples and families have made after the completion of our work together:
- “…thank you. You have helped me by showing me how possible it was to change my life and the lives of my children”.
- “Chris, a big thank you for helping me save my relationship and my family. Forever grateful.”
- “Dear Chris, words are probably too small to say thank you for your effort and perseverance to help me change my life and the life of my family.”
- “…thank you so much for helping me shed off the bag of stones I was carrying on my shoulders all these years. I feel so light now”.
- “Chris, I was extremely surprised to see myself change. You showed me that change is possible when I least believed it. Thank you for bringing back the smile to our lives”.
- "Your help and guidance and its impact on our lives has been a life-changing experience. We are immensely indebted".
- "to me you are my magic fairy. Thank you so much" (boy 6 yrs old).
- "I am so grateful my husband brought us to you. You were our last hope. With your guidance we have re-learned to be happy with each other."
- "every time I leave your office I feel a calmer person. You make our sessions always thought provoking and help me ask and answer questions about who I am and who I want to be. Thank you".
Sometimes before the first session clients have worries and concerns about what themes they are going to be asked to talk about in the counselling room. Sometimes you may feel awkward with the assumption that you will be "forced" to discuss things you are not ready or willing to do yet. Counselling or therapy is not like that. In any good counselling you as a client are in control of what gets discussed and when. Counselling is about a sincere and trusting confidential relationship between you, your partner or family and the counsellor, in which mutual respect and no judgment is always the nurturing ground.
My commitment and determination is to help you restore your mental wellbeing and improve the quality of life for you and your family.
If you would like further information before you decide to start changing your life, please email me (email@example.com) and I will help answer all your questions regarding the process. Please click on the tabs on the top left corner for more information.
Although I prefer face to face meetings, the realities of some clients' lives mean that because travelling to my office can sometimes be difficult or they travel frequently, or live much of the time outside the UK, I can also provide consultations by Telephone or Skype.
I am looking forward to helping you make the first step in your journey towards changing your life and reclaiming your happiness.
Chris Papakyriakopoulos, PhD.