|A few words about me|
- I am a Family, Couples and Individuals Systemic Psychotherapist, a Relate Counsellor, and a Registered Licensed member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and a member of the Association of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT). I trained at the Institute of Family Therapy (IFT), London UK.
- I have a Doctorate in Psychology from the University of London in the field of Human Development and Psychopathology.
- I currently hold the position of Highly Specialist Systemic Psychotherapist in Surrey Mental Health Services in the NHS where I lead two Family Therapy clinics and I supervise other clinicians.
- I have been a Researcher and part-time Academic in the field of Psychopathology at the Universities of London and Athens.
- I have presented articles and workshops in the field in international conferences, of which two of the latest are: at the Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Association (SEBDA) International Conference in Oxford - September 2010; and a research paper: “Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and the Mental Processing Biases Suggested by School-Based Data Collection with Children Aged 8–12 in Greece: An Important Finding and Suggestions for Future Research”. In International Perspectives on Inclusive Education, April 2012; H. Daniels, J. Visser, Eds.
- I've worked with children, young people, parents, couples and whole families for more than 15 years. In my professional journey I have had the privilege to be entrusted by my clients to guide them away from their individual, couple or family difficulties and move forward to reach resolution and wellbeing. In our work together my clients have built their skills on effective and constructive communication further. I have had the opportunity and the satisfaction to witness their journey towards significant shifts and changes in their lives, in their positioning, in their coping with adversity, which allowed them to reclaim their happiness and empowered them to think positive about the future.
- Together we will find the patterns that are unhelpful and need changing, whilst building on your skills to bring about the difference that makes a difference in your life.